As the cold winter weather grows in strength, I always fall into a rut with my clothes. It happens year after year, a stretch of time when getting dressed becomes more a mission of bodily warmth than creative style. I despise it. In these mornings I open the closet and my hands, operating on auto-pilot, reach for the tank top + wooly knit combo that worked so well yesterday, and the day before, and OH YEAH, the day before that.
Y’know sometimes in life, you just need a quick and nasty slap in the face – to remind you that REPETITION BREEDS INERTIA. Said slap delivered itself to my cheek via a red glitter boxy knit, sparkling in the corner of the Oxford Circus & Other Stories store in London. It was a moment of utter enlightenment. Why do we subject ourselves to mundane, monochromatic clothing when we deserve so much more? Why must our shimmering personalities and charismatic wit be masked in plebian layers!? We must shed these obstructions and stand in solidarity in the Name of FASHION… I’m taking this too far.
Not to mention this knit closely resembles the very same tinsel that hangs around your Christmas tree. So put on your jazzy holiday Frank Sinatra and get in the damn mood, because this is how you bring sparkling festive cheer into the office and out (glitter bombs not included).
Featured: & Other Stories / Boxy Lurex Knit
• Ribbed hemlines
• Boxy relaxed fit and round neckline
• Metallised fibers with eye-catching glitter finish
• 56% Viscose, 29% Polyester, 10% Polyamide, 3% Metallised fibre, 2% Elastane
• Hand wash or delicate washing machine cycle
• £55 GBP (ships to US!)
GET THE PROFESSIONAL LOOK!
- The Slim Silk Shirt • Everlane
- TY-LR The Borsa Stripe Skirt
- Gabi Shoulder Bag
- **Head Over Heels by Dune ‘Alora’ Black High Heeled Shoes • Head Over Heels
GET THE LEISURE LOOK!
- Flying Monkey Ripped Rage Blue Wash Skinny Jeans • Flying Monkey
- Women’s Converse Chuck Taylor Low Top Sneaker • Converse
- Legale Women’s Legale Holiday Crew Sock – Santa with Gift – Grey One Size Fits Most
- Napier Gold Tone Hoop Earrings
If you’ve ever worn something sparkly or glittery into the office, drop me a note – I’d love to hear.
Happy Holidays everyone ❤ ❤ ❤